Substitute Teacher Information

In order to work as a classroom substitute teacher in Goshen County, a Wyoming Substitute permit or Wyoming standard teaching certificate is required.  To qualify for a substitute permit, individuals must have 60 or more credits on a college transcript.  If you do not have 60 credits, an alternative route is to complete the 3 credit "Effective Substitute Teaching" course that may be offered through Eastern Wyoming College.

Information and how to apply for a Wyoming substitute permit can be found on the Professional Teaching Standards Board website at   Applicants will need to submit official transcripts, fingerprinting cards, the application form, and the $100.00 fee.  The US Constitution  test and the Wyoming Constitution test can be proctored online or at the Central Administration Office if the courses are not on transcript.

Permits are good for a 5-year period.  To renew you must have 5 new transcript credits. Substitute teachers are paid at the rate of $120.00 per day.

If you have a permit or certificate, please complete the "Future Substitute Teacher Positions" application on our Vacancies & Applications page.  You will be able to upload your permit.  Prior to working, you will need to complete payroll paperwork and be entered into the Aesop substitute system.  If you have questions, please contact Loreen at 532-2171 or email