Mental Health Resources
Project AWARE was established in 2014 as a part of a Federal safer schools initiative. The current program provides school-based mental health services, with parental consent, substance abuse education, violence and bullying prevention education and family engagement. The Project AWARE Grant is designed to supplement existing mental health services within the community and remove potential barriers to care: financial, transportation, etc. by providing funding through the grant. Since 2020, Wyoming has been awarded two additional grants and has used American Rescue Plan funds to now provide services in 13 school districts.
The WDE SAMHSA Team has identified four goals for Project AWARE:
- Increase access to mental health and substance abuse services for school aged youth.
- Increase district’s student, parent, and family knowledge of mental health and substance abuse services available, develop student skills that will promote resilience, prosocial behaviors, and prevent youth violence through outreach, engagement, and training.
- Increase each district’s capacity to recognize and appropriately respond to mental health and substance abuse needs of students through professional development and training.
- Develop state and district level infrastructures to foster wellness in school-aged youth and their families.
If you or a family member are looking for help with mental health or substance use, Care Solace can help you quickly find treatment options matched to your needs regardless of the circumstance. Care Solace is a complimentary and confidential service provided to students, staff, and their families by Goshen County School District #1.
Care Solace's team is available 24/7/365 and can support you in any language.
If you would like to use Care SOlace to help you find a provider:
Call 888-515-0595 (available 24/7/365)
Search on your own via Care Solace - Goshen County School District #1
Goshen County Mental Health Resources
- Helpers in Your Goshen County Community, Goshen County, WY – PDF (updated 08/21/23)
- Tips to Stay Chill During the Hectic Holiday Season - Help keep the holidays happy with stress-reducing tips from the America Academy of Pediatrics.
- Holiday Mental Health Tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics - The American Academy of Pediatrics offers some tips to help your family enjoy the best of the holiday season.
- Stress, depression and the holidays: Tips for coping - Tips to prevent holiday stress and depression.
- Wyoming Behavioral Institute – Area mental health resources – Natrona County, WY – PDF
- Behavioral Health Resources – Laramie County, WY - PDF
- Outpatient Mental Health Providers – Scottsbluff, NE - PDF
Other Mental Health Resources
- Worried About Suicide? - FACTS - The following signs may mean that a youth is at risk.
- National Suicide Prevention Resources - Phone numbers, websites, text information
- Not My Kid - Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide, Inc.
- Classroom Mental Health
Safe 2 Tell Wyoming